What is Mas Chaver?
Mas Chaver is Bnei Akiva’s membership scheme, providing vital support for the movement throughout the year. We encourage all those who benefit from the many programmes we run to join – and it’s compulsory for regular sviva attendees, as well as those who come on Machane. Joining Bnei Akiva shows you care and want to be part of the Bnei Akiva family! And it all works out at less than £1 a week!
What membership benefits are there?
Once you become a member, you’ll receive discounts at all events, be able to participate at machanot (camps) and we’ll keep you regularly updated about what’s going on. You’ll also receive the famous Mas Chaver free gift upon joining!
Where does your money go?
Mas Chaver is our most vital source of income – without it we simply couldn’t operate. All money raised is used to provide you with the kind of youth movement and services you deserve. Bnei Akiva needs this money to invest in the youth of today, helping them to develop into independent and socially responsible young adults who are equipped, proud and ready to stand up for their beliefs.
Mas Chaver allows us to fund:
- Five movement workers, a Rabbinical Shaliach, a Northern Shaliach and an administrative team, who are dedicated to creating the educational framework, context and programming of the movement.
- Shabbatonim, residential camps and regular local events all over the country.
- The maintenance and upkeep of our two community centres in London and Manchester – known as ‘The Bayit’ – which also house our regional offices.
- Regular training and a legal and support framework for our svivot (local branches) and additional support for the development of new areas and small communities.
- Our educational and membership magazines and journals.
- Educational resources and development.
- Programmes in Israel from the month-long Israel Machane to our award-winning Hachshara year schemes.
- Educational trips to Poland and Israel for our bogrim and other campus-based events.
- Informal education programmes in Jewish and non-Jewish schools across the country.
- Social responsibility projects and opportunities both in the UK and in Israel.
How much does it cost?
£32 – School Years 1 – 5
£53 – School Years 6 – 13
£20 – Bogrim
£89 – Family rate (two or more people)
How do I apply?
Click here to download the Mas Chaver (membership) application and medical form and send it in to the Bayit (address on form).