Every summer and winter Bnei Akiva is the place to be as we run our fantastic machanot (camps) for Years 6-12. All the Bnei Akiva camps are run by volunteers, who go through a selection process from which only the most talented, responsible, capable and committed leaders are chosen.
The camps include:
- Hours of fun and educational activities.
- Sports, crafts and discussion workshops.
- Day trips and special outdoor activities.
- A unique experience of a Religious Zionist lifestyle in the modern world.
- A chance to spend time with friends and meet new people from across the UK!
On top of this, the camps are carried out in the very special atmosphere, which only Bnei Akiva can offer. We pride ourselves on our informal Jewish education. Each camp has a separate theme and unique structure with each day dealing with a different aspect of this topic.
Who runs Machane?
The camps are organised beforehand by our full time CRB checked staff, who cater for the educational and technical needs of the camps. There is a senior team to deal with administrative and welfare requirements. During camp, our staff are on hand to deal with any issues that may arise.
The camps will be staffed by:
- Head of Camp (Rosh) and a Deputy (Sgan). They will be responsible for everything that happens including the running of activities and the welfare of your children.
- Technical staff including; the Technical Organiser, Head Cook, Assistant Cooks and other technical assistants. They are responsible for the logistics; cleanliness and hygiene of the site as well as making sure the appetites of your children are satisfied!
- Leaders (Madrichim). They prepare and run all activities under the supervision of the Rosh and Sgan and ensure the children are safe and well cared for.
- A qualified first aider. The first aider will be on hand at all times to take care of any minor injuries and to refer to the relevant person when necessary.
- A Camp Nurse. A qualified nurse will be on site throughout camp to give treatment and to support our first aiders.
“All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate“